Monday 26 December 2022

For the upcoming test

 On questions

I once asked a wise man - Do you have a heart?
What do you mean 'heart'?, he replied back.

You know heart, I said,
That which makes you cry at the sight of hungry child,
That fills you with joy looking at the blossoming flower,
That holds you back in your track,
That gives you courage to take one more step.

And what about silence, the wise man asked, does your heart know silence?
What do you mean? I don't understand for my heart is never silent.

Of all the things I have contemplated, I have contemplated silence the most.
Know it, my friend and all your curiosity will fall,
and all your questions will be answered!


Water

Water, Oh! Water! What a lively force!
You are the flow of rives,
You fill the seas,
You quench the thirst of Earth.
You are blue, you are green,
You are white and you are transparent.
Is there a joy you can't bestow, is there a form you cannot take?

Water, Oh! Water! You elixir of life!
You clean all filth, you support all life.
I love you, dear water and pray you love me back!


Shattered illusions

Where there is a will, there is a way!
So it is said by all who have known.

What is the way out of the world, I have wondered.
This world of momentary pleasures and subtle pains,
Out of the world of magnificent colours and terrible sounds.

I am weary of all reason and emotion, of all thought and feeling.
A land beyond, I was promised but have lost its sight
amongst the many and varied illusions.

Why no wise illuminate the way or is wisdom an illusion too?
For wisdom is not found amongst mere mortals.
Or that land beyond is an illusion and this world is all we have.
And what we will it to become, it becomes!

No comments:

Post a Comment